Thank you for continuing this journey of The Gospel Project® for Kids. Today’s Bible story takes us back to the garden of Eden. Before the fall, Adam and Eve enjoyed a loving, two-way relationship with God. The garden was a true paradise. God filled the garden with good gifts so that they might enjoy them and give thanks to God. The Lord gave them only one restriction: “You must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil,” and the punishment was severe: “You will certainly die” (Gen. 2:17).
Adam and Eve believed the serpent’s lie, and they sinned. Because of their sin, God cast them out of the garden. Though they did not die right away, sin’s effect was immediate and thorough. Their lives and their children’s lives—and the lives of all of mankind—would be forever affected by their choice. As your kids become increasingly aware of the bad news—that we are all sinners from birth—rejoice with them over the good news: “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners” (1 Tim. 1:15).
Family starting points
Babies and Toddlers
- God made everything. God made people able to make choices.
- Adam and Eve did not obey God's one rule.
- God loves us even when we make wrong choices.
- God sent Jesus because He loves us.
Preschool and Kids
- God created the world and everything in it for His glory.
- What is sin? Sin is breaking God's law and sin separates us from God.
- Adam and Eve's sin separated them from God.