God Creates People
This week in The Gospel Project® for Kids, your kids learned that God create people in a unique way. Human beings were set apart as different from the rest of God’s creation. God did not breathe into the animals. He skillfully formed man out of dust as a potter forms a pot out of clay. (See Isa. 64:8.) God breathed into the man’s nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature. (Gen. 2:7) Then God made woman from the man’s rib. She was a suitable helper for him. Both man and woman were created in God’s image. The first man, Adam, and the first woman, Eve, lived in the garden and enjoyed God’s friendship.
Help your children understand that being made in God’s image means we are made like Him, or patterned after Him. God does not have a physical body; He is Spirit, and He has given each of us a spirit. God gives people the ability to think and to feel emotions and to make choices. He gives us the ability to understand right and wrong. God created people in His own image (Gen. 1:26) and for His glory (Isa. 43:7).
Family Starting Points
Babies and Toddlers
● God made people, and God loves people.
● God made people in His likeness.
● God is in charge of everything He made.
● Why did God create the world? God created the world for His glory.
● God created people in His own image.
● Why did God create the world? God created the world and everything in it for His glory.
● God created people in His own image; God created them male and female.